Monday, December 16, 2013

Stockings & Nostalgia

Last night, I was chatting with my friend about this being prime baking season. Time to head to the store and get large quantities of butter, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and sprinkles to decorate sugar cookies. We started reminiscing and it took me back to the days of my childhood.

As a kid, my parents would load up us three kids, the family dog, and a lot of luggage into our motorhome and drive from California to Richland, Washington to visit my grandparents. I loved their house during the holidays. It smelled of apple cider and vanilla, pie crusts and popcorn balls.

And while on Christmas morning, the presents that Santa left were most exciting, what I loved best were our stockings. Inside them were always small treasures-- earrings, candy, maybe a watch, beautiful mittens.

Now as an adult, I try to keep that stocking tradition alive. Because my daughters and I moved two years ago, their Christmas stockings somehow got lost amidst boxes and packing paper. So this year, I purchased two new stockings for them. Personally, I love traditional stockings best, which makes Sterling Pear's a perfect choice for me.

One thing that I never anticipated, however, was how difficult (and dangerous) those stockings can be. With my 18-month old nephew, Dylan, in the midst of exploring everything new, he has pulled one stocking down already. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. Our cat, Princess, has also discovered how "fun" it can be to try and pull the stockings down. Sterling Pear's mantle clips are fantastic in keeping these potential accidents at bay. The heavier the stocking, the more the stocking actually stays in place. Call me a fan.

It's not too late to add Sterling Pear to your holiday collection. And, on December 18, free shipping on all orders!

Happy Holidays! May they be filled with good cheer, wonderful smells, and beautiful memories.

Contributed by Lizzy Smith for Sterling Pear

No comments:

Post a Comment