Monday, December 23, 2013

Sterling Pear Chats With Meagan, a Fan of Our Keepsake Chest

It brings us great joy to hear from those who love Sterling Pear products as much as we do! Over the last week we've been highlighting ways our customers use their Sterling Pear items.  Today we were honored to chat with Meagan Morrell, fan of our Keepsake Ornament Chest. 

SP: How did you come across Sterling Pear's Keepsake Chest?
MM: I'm a pretty particular person and after I had my first baby, I searched extensively for a chest or box to store all of the keepsakes I collected during my pregnancy and the baby's first few years of life. I wanted something large enough to store a number of items, but not large enough that it would be a piece of furniture. It needed to have a somewhat flexible interior, because baby items come in all shapes and sizes (it's amazing how many keepsake chests are not large enough to hold something like a baby book or scrapbook!). It needed to be durable enough to weather long-term storage (like dust and humidity) and toddlers! Nothing I found really fit what I had in mind. I discovered and considered the Sterling Pear chest for awhile but never made a move to buy it. It was a financial commitment. After I purchased a couple of other keepsake boxes and looked at dozens more both in stores and online, I finally decided to just go ahead and purchase the Sterling Pear chest. It was well worth the money and wait because this is a beautiful piece. We got another chest for our second daughter who was born this year.
SP: What items are you storing in the chest?
MM: Baby keepsakes. I have things like my daughter's baby book, hospital outfits, first toy, first blanket, pacifier and handprints in there right now. Eventually, I'd like to add things like cards we exchange or drawings she made. Other items include photographs, Christmas ornaments, and favorite toys and outfits, which her baby sister is currently using. We make a lot of crafts together and I imagine that I'll add some of those someday. There's even a necklace in there that I purchased for when she's older. My baby daughter's chest isn't as full because I haven't had the time yet. If we ever have another baby, we will purchase a third chest for that baby, too.

SP: What a great idea! Those items sound precious.
MM: I like to think so! While searching for keepsake chests, I came across a lot of vintage hope chests that were given to women on their wedding day. I'd like to think this Sterling Pear chest is a modern version of a hope chest. It's sturdy but portable. It's large enough to store many keepsakes, but small enough to store in tight spaces, like in an apartment. When my daughters grow up and maybe have their own children, I envision myself presenting them with this beautiful gift full of their baby keepsakes. Hopefully they will cherish these keepsakes just as much as I have. Their time being so small passes so quickly and I really love being able to sort through this chest and reflect on those moments.
SP: Where do you put the chests now?
MM: Right now, the chest is at the top of my closet away from sticky fingers! It works for us and I like having it someplace that I can access easily. I enjoy knowing that my daughter's keepsakes are safe and within close reach.

SP: Any other comments you'd like to share with our readers about the chest?
MM: This chest is sturdy! One thing I love is that it has divided compartments so you can customize and organize the chest to what you need to fit in there. The dividers are lined, too, which is a nice touch. The chest has multiple trays, which are deep enough to fit even blankets or plush, or a number of baby outfits you want to treasure.

SP: Thanks, Meagan!

Contributed by Lizzy Smith for Sterling Pear

No comments:

Post a Comment